Scholar of the Strange and Mysterious
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Professor Hex
Scholar of the Strange and Mysterious
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Monday, November 28, 2005

Eagles may be to blame for 'giant bird' rumor 
Q: When I was young, I believe it was in the mid-seventies or so (I was born in '62), there was a story circulating around the Peoria area about a "giant bird" that was spotted by several people around the area.

My co-workers all think that I have lost my mind as they don't recall anything like that.


Here is Loren Coleman's response over at Cryptomundo.

An excerpt:

"I congratulate Ms. Story for taking on the question, but she just looked in the wrong direction to discover an answer. Editors really need to become more aware of cryptozoology, and this inquiring reader was no doubt talking about the April 1977 flap of "big bird" encounters that centered on Lawndale, Illinois, but also included sightings near Peoria-Pekin, in such towns as Tremont, Delvan, and Minier."

Comments: Post a Comment

Select Language: