Scholar of the Strange and Mysterious
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Professor Hex
Scholar of the Strange and Mysterious
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Tuesday, August 15, 2006

And speaking of big animals in Kansas... 
This weekend I saw the biggest bird I have ever seen. I'm used to seeing hawks, and big ones at that, but this thing was like two hawks put together. No joke - I estimated the wing span at about seven feet. I think it was a Turkey Vulture, though seven feet is a large wing span for that bird. I honestly don't know what it was.

This morning I told a co-worker about it and she outdid me - she saw a mountain lion this weekend. In Kansas. And that's pretty rare. Amazingly, she's seen two of them. She saw another one fifteen years ago.

Comments: Post a Comment

Select Language: