Scholar of the Strange and Mysterious
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Professor Hex
Scholar of the Strange and Mysterious
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Thursday, November 23, 2006

New Links for the Holidays 
I've been slowly adding links to my links bar and I thought I'd take this time to highlight some of them (my apologies to anyone I miss).

I added Americablog a while back simply because I was reading it hourly in the run-up to the election. Good political discussion to be found there with a liberal point of view.

Biofort is Fortean writer Scott Maruna's cool blog. Jason Offutt's From the Shadows also looks at the Fortean and unexplained.

You can find all sorts of fun and educational science projects for kids (and adults) that you can make in your kitchen over at Bizarre Labs.

Steve Huff of Crimeblog has launched UnsolvedBlog, dedicated to unsolved crimes. If you click now you can see who Steve thinks the new Jack the Ripper sketch looks like. (Hint- One of the Professor's all-time favorites).

Metafilter has all sorts of interesting links.

If you're into old mechanical illustrations from magazines such as Popular Science you're going to love Modern Mechanix, where you'll find "Yesterday's tomorrow, today."

Obakemono features really neat illustrations of Japan's legendary monsters and beasties. And they sell prints!

Satellite Discoveries takes modern technology to new heights. Check out these these anomalies off of Cuba.

ShadoWraiths keeps an eye on crime, while Strange Maine watches out for weird stuff in the Pine Tree State. Supernatural News links to news of the supernatural kind (natch), while Tailrank tracks "the hottest news in the blogosphere!" and has been kind enough to send me some traffic.

Thoth Web has all kinds of fascinating stuff.

I thought Wit of the Staircase was interesting, so I added it (check out her Esoteric section). Same with the Sartorialist, who does an excellent job of reminding me not to dress like a slob, even if I don't live in New York City.

Enjoy!

Comments: Post a Comment

Select Language: