Scholar of the Strange and Mysterious
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Professor Hex
Scholar of the Strange and Mysterious
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Monday, October 27, 2008

Brain injury gives local mom a "foreign" accent 
After a serious accident in 1981, life had become fairly normal for CindyLou Romberg, a caregiver and motorcycle enthusiast living in Washington's Olympic Peninsula. All that changed last year, when out of nowhere, she began talking like someone who'd grown up on the European continent.

About two years ago I met a woman who had a unique accent that I couldn't place. I'm usually pretty good with accents and hers was extremely confusing. I asked where she was from and she said "Lees Summit." I then asked, "You don't have foreign accent syndrome do you?"

She did. She had suffered a stroke and recovered completely except for a vaguely eastern European accent. She was surprised that I had even heard of the condition, but hey, I'm Professor Hex.

Comments: Post a Comment

Select Language: