Scholar of the Strange and Mysterious
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Professor Hex
Scholar of the Strange and Mysterious
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Monday, January 05, 2009

Hard Case Crime - Interview with Charles Ardai 
As some of you know, I've read my fair share of crime and mystery fiction. Many hours of my youth were spent in the company of flatfoots, gumshoes, grifters, gangsters, molls, footpads, second-story men and other assorted ne'er-do-wells. Recently I've been working my way through the Hard Case Crime line, a thrilling throwback to the era of cheap pulp paperbacks and I've been loving every minute of it. Brisk storytelling, colorful characters, and reprints of long-forgotten classics by masters in the field. They also publish new work written in the spirit of the Golden Age of the Paperback and all of their books come with gorgeous newly commissioned covers. Plus, you can subscribe and get the books mailed right to your door at half bookstore prices, even after shipping.

The Tainted Archive has posted an excellent interview with Hard Case creator Charles Ardai and it's full of goodies if you're interested. I was.

Comments: Post a Comment

Select Language: